Jobs with FOTAS
Working Professionally with Friends of the Animal Shelter
The mission of Friends of the Animal Shelter is to support the programs at the Jackson County Animal Shelter. Our employees do not work directly with animals, but with our most important asset, our volunteers. Volunteers are the life-blood of our organization.
We are a 501(c)3 non-profit. Unfortunately, we do not offer healthcare benefits at this time. Paid Time Off is accrued over time, based on the number of hours you work. Helping to save hundreds of animals’ lives every year, while providing a premier volunteer experience are our top priorities, and we are looking for employees that will help!
FOTAS Support Services Associate
Position Summary: The Support Services Associate is an hourly, part-time, non-exempt office position that provides an array of supportive services to the Executive Director, Volunteer Services Manager, and Foster Coordinators. These supportive services include office support (e.g., data entry, filing), program coordination (e.g., assisting with volunteer/foster activities), program development (e.g., coordinate outreach supports), and organizational supports (e.g., special events support). The part-time schedule is Wednesday-Saturday, 10:00am-4:30pm and may be adjusted depending on work requirements and demands. The position reports to the Executive Director.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Field incoming emails and phone calls, answering direct questions or routing them to better suited destinations. Manage labeling of emails for better archiving of information and organization of ongoing projects.
- Provide volunteer support and oversight in absence of the Volunteer Services Manager.
- Organize, maintain and update electronic and paper files.
- Place supply orders, manage supply inventories.
- Collect and distribute mail.
- Assist Executive Director and Volunteer Services Manager with special projects.
- Data entry of new volunteers, process new applicants and enter information in each applicable system as well as manage subscriptions to relevant groups.
- Assist in maintaining scheduling of volunteers – field changes and inquiries from volunteers about scheduling and modify Volgistics scheduling and records.
- Assist with special events and fundraisers
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and database/CRM management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated respect and value for animals.
- Must be comfortable working in close proximity to dogs and cats.
- Ability to work with diverse people.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds of materials and displays and walk up and down stairs.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Proven ability for creative problem-solving and able to mediate conflict.
- Experience with animal shelters or professional animal care
- Experience with Volunteer and Donor Databases; Volgistics and Network for Good
COMPENSATION: Starting pay is $18/hour, depending on prior experience.
Schedule: Wednesday-Saturday, 10:00am-4:30pm
EVALUATION: A probationary performance review will be conducted at the end of three months, with an additional review at the end of six months. A review at the end of the first year will determine any compensation increase. Thereafter, the individual will be evaluated annually.
EMPLOYMENT AT WILL: FOTAS reserves the right to employ at will. This job description is not to be construed as a contract of employment. FOTAS reserves the right to change, add to, or delete items from this job description at any time based on the organization’s needs.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: FOTAS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to assure that applicants, employees, and volunteers are treated without regard to their race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or physical or mental ability.
TO APPLY: Send resume to Sky Loos, Executive Director of FOTAS at ED@Fotas.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Download job description here: Support Services Associate job description