Adopt from the Jackson County Animal Shelter
Scroll below for adoption details for Dogs and Cats and links to adoptable pets.
The perfect companion is waiting for you!
The Shelter has expanded their OPEN HOUSE to hours include both CATS and DOGS. AND they’ve added more days! Now, you don’t need an appointment on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays from noon-4pm.
Appointments are not required during these hours, but to help control the number of people in the kennels, visitors are asked to check-in at the Front Office upon arrival.
Appointments are only needed for cats and dogs on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.
Browse online using these pages for dogs and cats, then make an appointment by calling:
(541) 774-6654, Option O
9 AM to 4 PM
Tuesday – Sunday
We’ll make sure an Adoption Counselor is available to show you around and arrange “meet and greets”.
All animals are spayed/neutered prior to adoption, have received some vaccinations, and have a microchip (a permanent form of identification, where you can register the pet as being yours, including your name and contact information).
If you had to pay for spay/neuter, vaccinations and a microchip yourself, the cost would be significantly higher than the adoption fees listed below!
The adoption fee also includes a free wellness check from your veterinarian for both dogs and cats, and all dog adoptions include one free in-home professional training session (see below for details).
- Adoption fee for dogs older than 6 months: $160
- Adoption fee for puppies under 6 months: $250
- Featured Dogs: $95 (FOTAS pays $70 towards the adoption fee on chosen dogs)
- Click here to download our Dog Adopters’ Handbook – filled with great information on how to introduce your new dog into his/her home!
- Adult Cats (older than 6 Months): $75
- Kittens (up to 6 months old): $100
- 2-fur-1 adoptions for both cats and kittens (adopt one and FOTAS will pay for the second adoption fee)
- Fabulous Featured Felines: $25 (FOTAS pays $50 towards the adoption fee on chosen cats)
- Click here to download our Cat Companion Handbook – filled with great information on how to introduce your new cat into his/her home!