Adopt from the Jackson County
|Adopt a DOG||Adopt a CAT||Adopt a WORKING CAT|
Scroll below for adoption details for Dogs and Cats
The perfect companion is waiting for you!
COVID PRACTICES – BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Jackson County is still under COVID restrictions, so the Jackson County Animal Shelter will continue to embrace social distancing and safety measures by being a “by appointment only” facility. Masks are required.
Minimizing the number of people in the Shelter at any given time helps protect the Shelter staff, Friends of the Animal Shelter volunteers, and potential adopters.
Browse online using these pages for dogs and cats, then make an appointment by calling:
(541) 774-6654, Option 7
9 AM to 4 PM
Tuesday – Sunday
We’ll make sure an Adoption Counselor is available to show you around and arrange “meet and greets”.
We realize this process is a little cumbersome, but it seems to be working well for everyone, including the animals!
All animals are spayed/neutered prior to adoption, and current on vaccinations. The adoption fee includes a free wellness check from your veterinarian for both dogs and cats, and all dog adoptions include one free in-home professional training session (see below for details).
- Adoption fee for dogs older than 6 months: $150.00
- Adoption fee for puppies under 6 months: $200.00
- Featured Dogs: $95.00 (FOTAS pays $55 towards the adoption fee on chosen dogs)
- Click here to download our Dog Adopters’ Handbook – filled with great information on how to introduce your new dog into his/her home!
- Adult Cats (older than 6 Months): $60.00
- Kittens (up to 6 months old): $90.00
- 2-fur-1 adoptions for both cats and kittens (adopt one and FOTAS will pay for the second adoption fee)
- Fabulous Featured Felines $25.00 (FOTAS pays $35 towards the adoption fee on chosen cats)
- Click here to download our Cat Companion Handbook – filled with great information on how to introduce your new cat into his/her home!